Advancement Operations, with offices at 2080 Addison and 2000 Center Streets, develops and delivers the centralized business systems and services that support the work of UC Berkeley’s 30 decentralized fundraising units.
- Administers the Cal Advancement Data System (CADS) database, which serves as the official source of alumni and fundraising dataencompassing more than one million recordsand is the central system in which fundraisers research and record fundraising activity.
- Serves as the campus office of advancement policy.
- Acts as the office of record for constituent biographic and gift information.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding campus donors and prospective donors.
- Administers the acceptance and processing of gifts and funds.
- Implements, manages, secures, and supports University Relations' computing technology.
- Provides training and communication in support of the campus advancement enterprise.
- Produces the advancement intranet, Eureka, communicating basic information about policies, procedures, and training.
Advancement Operations encompasses the departments Advancement Information Management, Prospect Development, Gift Management, Information Technology, and Advancement Operations Administration.
- Advancement Information Management
- Manages and enhances comprehensive and current data on campus constituents.
- Prospect Development
- Identifies and analyzes donors and prospective donors, and tracks them through the cultivation process.
- Gift Management
- Accepts private donations to UC Berkeley, establishes and manages funds and endowments, reports to donors and organizations, and ensures the long-term use of charitable gifts.
- Information Technology
- Manages and develops the Cal Advancement Data System (CADS) database of alumni and donor information. Supports University Relations staff by implementing strategic computing technologies. Provides CADS customer service through the IT Service Desk.