Gift Management is UC Berkeley’s office of record for gift and fund administration, recording more than 100,000 gifts totaling $409 million in fiscal year 2007-08. The department accepts private donations to UC Berkeley, establishes and manages funds and endowments, reports to donors and organizations, and ensures the long-term use of charitable gifts.
- Guides fundraisers through the policies and practices surrounding gift receipt.
- Ensures that Berkeley’s institutional and fiduciary responsibilities for managing private donations comply with donor intent, University policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Serves as the chief policy adviser to the campus fundraising community; administers campus, UC Berkeley Foundation, Regents, and Office of the President policies.
- Arranges for contributions to reach their intended beneficiaries, and ensures the ongoing and long-term use of charitable gifts and endowments in accordance with donor-designated terms and purposes.
- Establishes and administers private gift funds; facilitates acceptance of securities and non-cash gifts; maintains endowment information in CADS; and fulfills campus reporting requirements.
- Maintains giving information in CADS; issues gift receipts and pledge reminders.
- Offers classes and one-on-one instruction to campus staff.