The Corporate and Foundation Relations (C&FR) unit facilitates strategic corporate partnerships and foundation support for the campus. C&FR works with the Career Center, the Office of Technology Transfer and Licensing, and other campus units to develop relationships with local, national, and international corporations to support business goals and campus priorities. C&FR also works with the Sponsored Projects Office and other campus units to coordinate the University’s relationships with regional and national foundations.
C&FR offers the following to the corporate and foundation community:
- An information clearinghouse for corporate opportunities at Berkeley relating to collaborative research, recruiting, sales, matching gifts, affiliates programs, continuing education programs, K-12 outreach, executive speaking opportunities, enhanced campus visibility, introductions to campus leaders, and philanthropy.
- Coordination of executives’ campus visits with faculty, staff, or students to learn about campus resources and partnership opportunities or to review the progress of currently funded programs.
- Consultation to companies that are forming strategic university relations programs.
- A central source of information for foundations about campus programs and the administration of grants at Berkeley.
- Assistance to foundations seeking faculty advisors for their grant-making programs.
C&FR also provides the following services for the campus community:
- Assisting units in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate and foundation gifts and grants to Berkeley.
- Coordinating and staffing visits to corporations and foundations by senior campus administrators and visits to campus by corporate and foundation executives.
- Writing, editing, and advising on proposals, volunteer materials, and correspondence related to corporate and foundation relationships and transactions.
- Advising on corporate sponsorship development and implementation.
- Administering the corporate and foundation prospect clearance process.